The Green Christian magazine is published twice yearly and sent free to members. Some sample articles from the current magazine are published here. Previous issues can be downloaded in pdf format from below.
Each magazine has several Book Reviews which can always be read online.
Green Christian, Summer 2018, Issue 85
Lament, Wonder and Hope
- Editorial: A magnificent journey
- Language that connects Jeremy Wiliams shares some persuasive ideas
- Hope in the darkness Ruth Wilde accentuates the positive in the Student Christian Movement’s climate change campaign
- Becoming an EcoChurch in a small rural community Mark Boulton recommends giving it a go
- Joy in Enough’s The Big Workshop Jenny Tibbles describes the fun of spending less and living more
- We shall go out with joy Hilary Ash explores different types of Forest Church
- My Father’s handiwork John Barnett shares a parable of brokenness and mending
- Out of the wilderness Paul Bodenham offers encouragement for us to find our way home
- Don’t mention the warming Stephen Edwards gives tips for talking climate in church
- We lament what we love Matt Stemp calls us to face our despair
- GC News :: Reviews :: Local Groups :: Poetry :: Prayers
Click on the image to download the pdf and see the whole magazine. Click on the title to also view the table of contents.
|Autumn 2017 Issue 84
Treasuring the Earth
|Summer 2017 Issue 83
Valuing the Earth
|Winter 2016 Issue 82
Art of the Possible
|Summer 2016 Issue 81
O Taste and See!
|Winter 2015 Issue 80
Population out of control?
|Summer 2015 Issue 79
Seeds of Change
For current copies, or a back edition, please send a £6.00 cheque to Green Christian, 10 Kiln Gardens, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, RG27 8RG, UK. tel: +44 (0)345 4598460. (This includes P&P). Please check that the back edition you require is available before sending money.
To become a Green Christian magazine subscriber or Green Christian member which means you receive Green Christian magazine as part of your membership go to the join Green Christian page for details of costs.
Contributions should be on a CD, or sent as an email or an attached file to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, clear typescript is acceptable when negotiated with the Editor. Accompanying graphics will increase the chances of publication, including where possible a photograph of the author. An early email to the editor to indicate an intention to write is very helpful.
Postal address for contributions: 17, Ascham Road, Cambridge CB4 2BD
Green Christian is intended as a forum for Christians of all traditions to reflect on and contribute to current thinking in the green movement. Items in Green Christian Magazine reflect the views of their author and not necessarily those of GC.
Basis of Faith
We affirm our belief in God as Creator of all things and in Jesus Christ as Lord, looking to the Holy Spirit for guidance through the Scriptures, and seeking to hear Him in the challenges of the present time.