The Green Christian magazine is published twice yearly and sent free to members. Some sample articles from the current magazine are published here. Previous issues can be downloaded in pdf format from below.
Each magazine has several Book Reviews which can always be read online.
Green Christian, Autumn 2017, Issue 84
Treasuring the Earth
- Editorial: Where is your treasure?
- Divestment and Engagement: a guide for the perplexed, part 1 James Buchanan puts the case for divestment
- Powering your green Church Clare Redfern speaks to Jemima Parker about a new renewable energy scheme for Churches
- Greening your Church John Anderson shares his Eco Church case study
- Consumer power Eve Poole explains how to put your money where your conscience is
- Consumerism: help for the addicted Two authors share their advice on resisting a culture of consumption
- Space to reflect Clare Redfern reports on a weekend retreat with Paul Maiteny
- Gardening in Community Benedict Bowmaker on soil, silence and service
- Divestment and Engagement: a guide for the perplexed, part 2 The Church Commissioners respond to the call for
- GC News :: Reviews :: Local Groups :: Poetry :: Prayers
Click on the image to download the pdf and see the whole magazine. Click on the title to also view the table of contents.
|Summer 2017 Issue 83
Valuing the Earth
|Winter 2016 Issue 82
Art of the Possible
|Summer 2016 Issue 81
O Taste and See!
|Winter 2015 Issue 80
Population out of control?
|Summer 2015 Issue 79
Seeds of Change
|Winter 2014 Issue 78
A Green Christian Way of Life
For current copies, or a back edition, please send a £6.00 cheque to Green Christian, 97 Plumpton Avenue, Hornchurch, RM12 6BB, UK. tel: +44 (0)845 4598460. (This includes P&P). Please check that the back edition you require is available before sending money.
To become a Green Christian magazine subscriber or Green Christian member which means you receive Green Christian magazine as part of your membership go to the join Green Christian page for details of costs.
Contributions should be on a CD, or sent as an email or an attached file to the editor, email@example.com. Otherwise, clear typescript is acceptable when negotiated with the Editor. Accompanying graphics will increase the chances of publication, including where possible a photograph of the author. An early email to the editor to indicate an intention to write is very helpful.
Postal address for contributions: 17, Ascham Road, Cambridge CB4 2BD
Green Christian is intended as a forum for Christians of all traditions to reflect on and contribute to current thinking in the green movement. Items in Green Christian Magazine reflect the views of their author and not necessarily those of GC.
Basis of Faith
We affirm our belief in God as Creator of all things and in Jesus Christ as Lord, looking to the Holy Spirit for guidance through the Scriptures, and seeking to hear Him in the challenges of the present time.