To tweet the Joy In Enough conference: #jie_
Joy In Enough project: home page
Reports on CEL’s Day Conference,
Carrs Lane URC Centre, Birmingham B4 7SX, 11am to 5pm, Saturday 29 March, 2014
Keynote speaker: Dan O’Neill Lecturer in ecological economics at the University of Leeds; chief economist at the Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy (CASSE); and co-author of Enough is Enough.
Economic growth has turned toxic – but there really is an alternative. And God’s people are called to the cutting edge of change. What might a genuinely sustainable economy look like? And how can the churches make it happen? At the conference we made some initial steps on the journey to a happier, healthier, and holier world.
- Introduction to the Joy in Enough Project, and links to the five working groups
- Press Release on the Joy in Enough Conference of 29 March 2014 at Birmingham – issued 31 March
- Conference flyer
- Opening Meditation by Mary Grey
- Keynote Presentation by Dan O’Neill
- Learning from the conference, esp. WG1 by Phil Kingston
- Closing Reflection by Peter Grimwood