Saturday 18 November 2017
Victoria Hall, Sheffield
What role can faith communities play in creating a sustainable economy? At the Big Workshop we’ll be exploring that question, and working together to build a faith-led movement for a new economy.
- Explore a Christian vision for human flourishing within natural limits.
- Test-drive the new learning guide for church groups that we are developing.
- Build alliances with other organisations.
- Meet like-minded people working for a fair and sustainable future.
Who is The Big Workshop for?
- Individuals with an interest in a fair and sustainable economy, and those ready to help build a movement for change.
- Representatives of organisations that would like to collaborate.
A suggested donation of £25 is requested from participants to help cover costs. A sandwich lunch will be provided, plus tea and coffee. An outline programme is available below, and you can find out more about the event on our Eventbrite page.
It would be helpful for us to know a bit more about who is coming, so please do take a moment to fill in this short survey. The survey includes the opportunity to register as a founder of Joy in Enough, if that’s something you’d like to do. Last bookings by November 10th please.
The Big Workshop is part of Green Christian’s Joy in Enough initiative. To find out more visit our Joy in Enough home page.
Registration, networking and alliance building from 9.30
11.00 Welcome and introduction to Joy in Enough
11.20 Decision time for humanity: presenting our vision for a new economy
12.15 Introduction to the afternoon
12.30 Sandwich Lunch provided by a Food Feast, a local catering firm
1.30 Café conversations: try out one of the modules in the Joy in Enough programme
3.00 Tea break and evaluation of the pilot module in small groups
3.30 Theory and practice of change: how to reach opinion formers and the public. Next steps for Joy in Enough.
4.15 An act of founding, prayer and worship
At 10am, before the Big Workshop begins, you are invited to the Annual Members’ Meeting of Green Christian – non-members very welcome.